Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm not sure I like this as much, but it's all good! (Talking about Daylight Savings Time)

Hello!

So this week is transfers! And the big news is nothing! Elder Curran and I will both be staying here in the Grand Junction 7th Ward. It's a good thing, because we've got a lot of work to do, and we'll get to be here for Robyn and Shayla's baptism!

Elder Curran and I have both learned a lot this week about communication. We've both become frustrated with each other quite a bit, but talking about it really helps to resolve it. That's a good skill to have learned.

President Murdock is changing things up here! Elder Whiteley (I think I might have written about him before...) and Elder Merrill, our Zone Leader, were both called as new Assistants to the President! The design is to have two Assistants here on the Western Slope, as well as the two that are in the Metro side of the mission. So that's a lot of change!

The Laws are progressing well, and keeping all of their commitments. There's a lot of good things happening. Thanks in large measure to a visit from our Area Seventy, our ward is getting a lot more involved in the work, and I think we'll see a lot of benefits from that this transfer.

Last P-day we went for a Zone hike up Mount Garfield! It was a blast! I could tell the whole time I was going up that it should have been a really hard hike, but thanks to my usual mode of transportation, it was a breeze! I must be in better shape than I was when I left. I guess that can be expected from several months of daily bike-riding.
High on a Mountain Top
But, anyway, I lost the SD card to my camera on Mount Garfield, so that was not cool... But I do have a few pictures, and I'll send them! I know kind of where I lost it, so we might go back another P-day to look for it. but for now, if you have any and all of the pictures I've sent in emails, if you could save them on a computer and back them up onto a disk or something, that would be swell!

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!


I love you all and hope things are going great for you in the Valley of the sun. Here in the Grand Valley, it's starting to warm up a bit. Spring is around the corner! Oh, and speaking of that, we had daylight savings time begin yesterday. I like it in the fall. Now, I'm not so sure... That's what the title of the email is all about. I'm not sure I like the spring time change as much as the fall. But I'll adjust! Things are moving along! Choose the right and stay sweet!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment