Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello!

 Hi,

Shayla had her baptismal interview on Saturday. It went well, and she is getting baptized on Saturday!! I'm really excited for that! I think I might have told you before, but Brother Laws has a daughter on a mission in California. So I just love to think about how excited she is to hear that her half-sister back home is getting baptized! Robyn said she wasn't quite ready to be baptized yet, so we talked about it and postponed her baptism until April 12th. That will be another awesome day to look forward to! All in all, things are going really well. Shayla says she has lots of Mormon friends at school she's inviting, and the Bishop announced her baptism in sacrament meeting yesterday, so the ward is well aware. Shayla asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at her baptism, which I'm looking forward to. She asked our ward mission leader to baptize her. I'm sure you'll get all the pictures next Monday!

We have the new APs in our zone, and a ton of other great missionaries, so I feel like this is going to be a great transfer for us! Elder Curran and I are working on getting more appointments in the evening. It's always awesome to have appointments fill our time after dinner, because that's the hardest time to go find new people to teach. So far it's going well!

We got a new investigator yesterday. His name is Max. Elder Curran had met him a couple of weeks ago on exchanges, and he just got back into town so we were able to follow up with him. He is in his sixties. He told us he had just been in the Phoenix area. He talked about going to downtown Gilbert, and checking out the flea market by the water tower. Shwaaaah?!? I told him that's exactly where I worked back home, the theatre across the street. If I had known he was going, I would have told him to go in and say hi to all the office staff for me! But that was a funny coincidence from this week.

Things are going well and I am stoked for Shayla's baptism! I'm glad to hear things are all good at home, and I hope you all are loving life and living it to the fullest! Choose the right! I love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Rogers

A Thought From Mom:

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”

~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment