Monday, March 31, 2014

Hi!

March 31, 2014

How's it going?

This week, we did a lot of service! We did a few hours at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, where we clean a lot of the donated items and price and shelve the merchandise. On Wednesday, we went to a member's house and helped them clean up their backyard! It was a blast. We dug out a couple of stumps and rocks, and hel[ed level some ground. I love digging. Everyone's renovating their yards now that spring is here! But nobody has planted vegetable gardens yet. They always say, "Don't plant until the goose's neck is broke."
On the Grand Mesa, there's a patch of snow in the shape of a goose, and when the neck melts away, they say it's safe to plant! They also say "As long as there's snow, the wind will blow," meaning that until ALL the snow is melted off the Mesa, it will be windy.

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I got to join Elder Donovan in the eleventh ward. It was fun! First of all, I got to be in a car. Secondly, I got to be companions with Elder Donovan! I've known him since the MTC. He was on the main campus, but we met at our mutual meeting there with President Murdock. The Zone Leaders are whitewashing their area this transfer, so they're trying to find a lot of new investigators. We didn't find any that day, but we did tract into a less-active member who we gave a Book of Mormon to, and I was just told today that he came to church on Sunday! Woohoo!!

I've officially been on a bike for the majority of my mission! It's been fun, but tiring... I'm sure it's kept me in shape! I love you all and pray for you daily! I hope all is well with you! Be excellent to each other!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers


A Thought from Mom:

"I invite you to listen, listen if you will by the power of the Spirit, to the speakers who will address you today and tomorrow as well as this evening.  If you will do so, I do not hesitate to promise that you will be uplifted, your resolution to do what is right will be stronger, you will find solutions to your problems and your needs, and you will be led to thank the Lord for what you have heard."

~President Gordon B. Hinckley
   CR October 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment