Monday, February 24, 2014

Hey!



February 24, 2014

This has been a crazy week! On Monday, we taught Robyn and Shayla again, and it went really well. On Tuesday, we taught a couple more lessons, and put some miles on our bikes!

Wednesday was a little crazy. We taught a couple of lessons in the morning, and then had to get a ride to the Grand Junction West Stake Center for interviews with President Murdock. We were there from 3:00 until about 7:00. Most of the time we were just waiting, but we got our interviews, which was good. I always look forward to seeing President! That night we had a special dinner put on by the Activity Days girls in the stake. It was a really good dinner, and a great chance to talk to them about missionary work!

Thursday morning we had specialized trainings. Basically we learned a lot of good things from our Zone Leaders, the Sister Training Leaders, and the Assistants to the President while President Murdock was interviewing everyone else in our zone. (We had our interviews the day before to save some time.)

Friday was one of those days! We had our weekly planning session, accompanied by some craziness with another companionship, but that's all resolved. And then we had to go to Walgreens so Elder Curran could pick up his prescription. On the way back, a rope got caught in my chain, so I had to fix that. My shirt got dirty in the process, and then my pants ripped when I went to get back on my bike! So, we had to go back to the apartment so I could get some not dirty and ripped clothes on. By the time I was done with that, it was already after 4:00! I can't remember the specifics of what we did for the rest of the evening, but I'm pretty sure we tried to share the gospel. The day ended well, though, with a great dinner activity with the ward!

Saturday was great!! After our studies, we went out on our bikes do to some finding. We felt like tracting out this little group of homes that appeared very... let's say, humble. We did find one lady who listened to us, and asked us a bunch of questions. She had been drinking a little, but we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and I think she appreciated our message. It kind of felt like we were wandering, not knowing where to go. Elder Curran wanted to stop and talk to a guy in his garage about his motorcycles. So we talked to him, and I was slick bringing the gospel into the conversation: "Where are you from? Sacramento? I think we have a temple there." And then it all unfolded. His name is Roger, he's 31, and he is actually a member of the Church. He hasn't been active for about 18 years. Elder Curran asked him how he felt about coming back, and he said he'd been thinking about it. In essence, he said, "Actually, I pulled out my slacks and white shirts the other day and washed them. I was planning on going to sacrament meeting or something. I've been feeling like I need to go back." He said he still prayed every day, and the only thing he didn't have that he wished he did was a set of scriptures. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon, and he was really touched. I feel like good things are going to be happening for Roger soon, and I'm so happy for him! The Lord is reaching out to His children in many ways.


Next week we've got a lot of potential investigators we've talked to on the street that we need to follow up with. It's going to be a good week! Choose the right, and enjoy the Gilbert Temple Dedication!!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers

A Thought from Mom:
D&C 3:1-2

 "1 The works and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
 For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.”


No comments:

Post a Comment