Monday, February 10, 2014

Well, I Thought So Anyway

So, Butterfingers strikes again.

Obviously, getting a new companion isn't something that is up to me in any way, but it just seems to be my luck! Each week on Friday morning we have our weekly planning session, which lasts about three hours. The planning session always ends with a companionship inventory, where we talk about our companionship, things we do well, and things we can do to improve individually and as a unit. We started our companionship inventory, and I said, "Elder, you seem kind of down lately. What's up?" Then the phone rang, and he took it into the other room and answered it. He came back about a minute later and explained that President had just called, and the reason he was feeling down was because he was going home. It was kind of a shock! He didn't explain to me the exact reason why, but it was something personal.

President Murdock said a ride was coming to take him to Denver in 2-3 hours. Then I got a call from the Zone Leaders, telling me to pack up all my stuff, because they were going to move me to another area for a little while, while they tried to find me a new companion. I packed up my stuff, and Elder Bartlett packed up his. A car came and took him and another Elder to Denver; the other Elder was going home because of medical issues; and the eleventh ward Elders came and got me. So I've been in eleventh ward for the past three days, all the while trying to make sure our appointments in seventh ward are taken care of. It hasn't been too difficult, because the eleventh ward doesn't have a lot of set appointments.

Wow! So I haven't been able to keep a companion for two transfers in a row, yet. My new companion is arriving today from Fruita, CO. His name is Elder Curran, and I haven't ever met him, formally. In summary, it's been the strangest week of my mission so far. I'm doing alright, though. It's going to be an adventure taking over the area with a new companion. But with the Lord's help, we can do it!

In other news, it's been raining here quite a bit. Actually, it's sleeting right now. It hasn't been all that cold in Grand Junction, but in Denver it's been freezing, so I hear!

We had a good lesson with Chuck, and he's ready to be baptized this Saturday, the fifteenth! Yay! I'm so excited for him! We're planning on James' baptism happening on March first. We're still waiting for permission from Noah's mom. Shayla is sixteen. We had a great lesson with her, her member father, and investigator mother about the Plan of Salvation. They understood it all, and really liked the doctrine! We took Shayla and her dad on a church tour Thursday night, because Shayla was nervous about coming to church. They came to sacrament meeting yesterday! Things are looking good in that situation, and I'll keep you updated.

Well, this coming week will be an interesting one! I can certainly look forward to a lot of adventures. Remember to be good and love everyone! I love you all! You are constantly in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers

A Thought from Mom:

The Lord Jesus Christ taught, “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it” (Luke 9:24).

“I believe,” said President Thomas S. Monson, “the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish—and in effect save their lives.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment