Monday, February 17, 2014

It is February!


February 17, 2014

I know it's been February, for a couple of weeks, but I couldn't think of anything else to put...

It's been a good week! Elder Curran, my new companion, is a good missionary, he works hard, and is enthusiastic about the work. A lot of good things have been happening! On Friday, we were riding our bikes to drop in on an investigator, and we happened to be on the road right as all of the high school kids were walking home from school. We got the chance to talk to a lot of them, to get to know them, and teach them about the restored gospel. It was a great time to be out on the street!


On Tuesday, Elder Curran and I were out trying to contact people on the street. We talked to a man for a few minutes while he was walking (and he walked us right out of our area), but he didn't want to hear our message. As we were walking back to our area, we walked up behind an older man. I said hello to him, and he said hi back. I started to say, "We're missionaries for the--" and he said, "I am no English..." So, I said, "Oh! Somos los misioneros de la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. Compartimos un mensaje... " and so on. I taught him a little about the Restoration, and gave him the Spanish Elders' phone number. His name is Arturo, and he said he would call them. Elder Curran was super confused. He said, "What did you just say; and how did you do that?" It was kind of funny!

The next day, I also had the chance to share the gospel with Rosario, a Hispanic lady, on the street. She told me my Spanish was good. I don't know, but hopefully it was good enough to help them understand our message!
 
Zone Conference
We had an excellent Zone Meeting that really got me excited and lifted my spirits! Things are going well. 

Oh yeah! Chuck got baptized on Saturday!!

Yeah...We're pretty excited!!
It was so awesome! He is doing so well, and I'm really excited for him. He was confirmed on Sunday, and the next step is to get him the Aaronic Priesthood. Ultimately, he and his wife want to get sealed in the temple, and they plan on serving a mission together when they're older!
Chuck's father-in-law baptized him


We had a great lesson with Robyn and Shayla on Wednesday, and they both decided to work towards March 22nd for a baptism date! They want to be sure of their testimonies first, but I have faith that they can be ready.

That's all for this week! Have fun, and be excellent!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers

A Thought from Mom:

"Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment