Monday, August 5, 2013

Solamente una semana hasta que los cambios!

Hey,
That's right! One week left in this transfer! I'll find out on Saturday if I'm getting transferred, so I'll tell you next Monday what I find out. Elder Curth is going home in one week, and he already has his death papers (flight plans). It might be tough for me to explain what's going on, because the days just bluuurtoogetthher.
On a Hike
Snaaaaaaaake!!!
Monday, after I emailed, some of the other missionaries and I went on a hike. The came with a recent convert, and left after a couple of miles, while the rest of us went off-trail to make it to the top of the mountain. It was some intense hiking after that. We saw a rattlesnake!DUN Dun duuuunnn.... It was just curled up, not bothering anyone, when Elder Beuhecker decided to provoke it. I told him it was a bad idea, but he wouldn't listen to me. So he got bit and had to go to the hospital. Just kidding! He didn't get bit. But he did poke it with a stick and made it mad. When we got to the top of the mountain, there was a sweeeet view of Kansas. Okay, probably not all the way to Kansas, but you could see for miles out East.

Top of the World!
Elder Cochran bought a blue crab and put it under the passenger's seat of Elder Beuhecker's and Elder Blocker's car. They still have no idea why it stinks so bad in their car. Hahaha! The crab was dead when he bought it, don't worry.
As far as the work goes, this week was pretty slow. A bunch of people cancelled on us or didn't show up for appointments. But we'll keep trying our best! Things should pick up this week. We're teaching a ten-year-old girl in a member family who hasn't been baptized yet. They're becoming active, and we've set her on date to be baptized on August 24th!
On Saturday we went to Colorado Cares Day at the Lilly Gulch Recreation Center. It was fun! It's an inter-faith community service project that's held annually.
Sunburned Elders from helping at a Service Project!
There were over 100 people there consistently for nine hours building a playground. That's right-- building it from the ground up! It's such a sweet playground! I can't wait to play there when the concrete settles! I spent a lot of time with landscaping and mixing/pouring concrete. They had music playing the whole time, which was kind of weird, but not really, since I was listening to Gentile music only a few weeks ago.
We get to go to the temple on Wednesday! I'm sooo excited! While we're there, we're going to stop by the distribution center, where I'm hoping to buy the newest Joseph Smith movie to share with investigators and members, etc.
It sounds like Island Park was a blast! And Mom, I have been to Yellowstone! I don't remember when it was, but we were there, and we saw some bison, sat and watched Old Faithful, and had a merry time! I hope you're doing well at school! It's crazy that it's that time of year again! (In Arizona, anyway. Kids here still have a couple of weeks.) I hope that all is well with all of you!
I misplaced my camera, so I'll send some pictures that Elder Beuhecker took on Monday. Then I'll relocate my camera soon. Hopefully. It can't have gotten far. Probably. I really, really hope not.
 But all's well!
Finally made it to the top!
King of the Hill!

Until next Monday!
Elder Jake Rogers



A Thought from Mom:

Galatians 6:9  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment