Monday, January 20, 2014

Oh Happy Day!



January 20, 2014

Hello!

This week has been great! Elder Bartlett and I have been slowly improving the quantity (and hopefully quality) of our work. We've consistently taught more lessons each week than we had the previous week. This week, we had a ton of lessons with investigators! Chuck is doing really well, and he's going strong towards the 26th. He had his baptismal interview on Saturday, and it went really well. The Elder who conducted the interview was impressed with his testimony.

He will be baptized on Sunday at 4:00pm! He really does have a strong testimony, and I believe he's doing all the right things for all the right reasons. We're really excited for him and his family!

We're working with James for a baptismal date in February sometime. He has decided to be baptized, and we're just working on the details. It's going great with him as well!

The next time I email, I will know what's going on with transfers! This transfer seems to have flown by! A lot has happened, and the days just keep rolling. I never know what day it is anymore. Elder Bartlett will say something like, "Why aren't those kids in school?" So I'll think about it for a second and then say, "Because today is Saturday." And then we'll pass by a drug store on our bikes, and I'll think, Maybe we could go in and buy a bottle of water. And then I remember it's Sunday.

I have 41 ties now. When I get one more, I'll have enough to wear a different tie every day of the transfer! The tie rack I have in only supposed to hold 24 ties, so it's kind of full. I was looking at my ties the other day, trying to decide which one I wanted to wear, and then I had a thought: It will be so weird when I only wear a tie once a week. It will take me almost a year to go through all of these ties. Maybe I'll make a quilt out of them or something...

Anyway! All is well here in the Centennial State! We're excited for Chuck's baptism and for the transfer coming up next Tuesday! My thoughts and prayers are with you continually. Thank you for all of your love and support! Be excellent, and choose the right!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers

A Thought from Mom:

“The intensity of your desire to share the gospel is a great indicator of your personal conversion.”
Elder Dallin H. Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment