Monday, December 16, 2013

Adventure Time!

December 16, 2013

Transfers are tomorrow! And for the first time EVER, I'm being transferred!!
 
Elder Campbell is going to be training a new missionary in the Coal Mine area, and I'll be follow-up training a missionary who'll be on his second transfer. We got this news on Friday, and were asked to attend the "Training Training" on Saturday morning with President Murdock.
 
Elder Tenney?

Just kidding! Elder Rogers!
There is a missionary in Ken Caryl whose trainer is going home, so he'll need a follow-up trainer. At the end of our meeting on Saturday, I went up to President and said, "President, if I'm going to Ken Caryl to follow-up train Elder Wilkinson, will you tell me now so I don't have to pack up all my stuff and drag to the mission office, just to take it back to Littleton?"
 
He said, "Umm... I can tell you that. No. You're not going to Ken Caryl. You're... going on an adventure."
 
I asked him if I was going to the island, and when he looked all confused I explained the story of Chris' President telling him he'd like his new area, and him being sent to the island. He said, "No. You're not going to an island." I could have guessed that.
 
But I think President Murdock likes to mess with people's minds. Because At first, I was thinking, Oh. Cool! An adventure! And then I was like, I wonder what that could mean... And then I was like, What does that mean?? Aaaahhhh!!
 
But it's all good; I'll find out tomorrow.
 
Thank you for the Christmas package! I have to transfer all of the presents with me, so I just put them in my bike box.
 
There are people here I'm sad to leave, but I'm also really excited for whatever adventure lies ahead! I hope all is well with you, and that you stay righteous!
 
Sincerely,
Elder Rogers
 
A Thought from Mom:
“A missionary will not be effective if he or she does not have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Indeed, I believe a missionary's effectiveness and success is directly related to his or her own conversion to, testimony of, and love of the Book of Mormon."
 
~Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment