Monday, November 11, 2013

Elder Campbell!!!!

Monday,  ay,k No9vember e-courses.aspNovember 11, 2013

Hello!

Did I mention they took our car away? Well, they did! I was super bummed. But then, at transfer meeting, I found out that our car was going to Sister Remington, from my MTC district! So I was okay with that. But now we're on bikes. The first couple of days, I thought I was going to die. Elder Campbell is from Lacey, Washington, where everyone bikes to get around. So he was completely used to it already! (Elder Kelly was from Arlington, Texas, by the way). I have been super exhausted at the end-- and beginning -- of every day this week! But I'm starting to get used to it! I am going to be in super-great shape by the time this transfer is over. Elder Campbell keeps track of our miles on his GPS, and we've gone 55 miles so far. My legs burn.

And with that, things are going great! Elder Campbell and I get along well. Elder Kelly got sent over the mountain to the Uncompaghre ward (in Delta, CO). Also, everyone in my district who didn't go home got sent over the mountain, too!

Elders Rogers and Campbell

My new district is great! We're called the Columbine South District. Being a district leader is swell. It's just a good way to stay involved with all of the missionaries! One elder in my district is Elder Zerilli, who I knew in the MTC. His companion Elder White came out a transfer before us. Elder Campbell came out a transfer after me. In the Ken Caryl ward, Elder Bean is on his last transfer, and he's an awesome missionary, and he's training Elder Winkinson.

Elder Bean says hi. You don't know who that is, (well, you kind of do...), but that doesn't matter. He wishes you the best.

Stay true to the faith! I hope you all are doing well and that you do great things every day! Be excellent to each other! Love you!

Sincerely,
Elder Rogers


A thought from Mom:

“No missionary can determine the lasting effects of his or her labors.” 
~Elder Richard G. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment