Monday, April 20, 2015

Letter to a friend...

Part of a letter I sent to a friend recently...


The mission is super fun, super hard, and definitely worth it. There is absolutely nothing else I could do in my life that would teach me the lessons I've been learning; and they've been really important lessons!

For one thing, you learn a lot about yourself. Everyone I've seen in the past two years, I've MET within the past two years. So the only person I really know is me. And comparing my own personality traits with those of my maaaany companions has also helped me to recognize things that I like about myself, and things I would like to develop in my character. And of course I've learned a lot about the Gospel. My testimony has been strengthened a lot, and that's priceless. I've also learned Spanish.

So it's been over 22 months, and I've learned a lot. This is the last week of my sixteenth transfer. The next email I write will be the first week of my last transfer. Almost 100 weeks serving the Lord full-time. And boy has it been worth it. Has it been all roses and butterflies? Definitely not. I won't even say I've loved every minute of it. It's discouraging sometimes. It's hard almost all the time! But there are all of the joys that easily counterbalance that. And encompassing it all is the sacredness of the calling, the privilege of serving, and the peace of knowing that Heavenly Father is molding me into the person He wants me to be. He's helping me make a difference, for others and for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment